Tuition, Fees, & Refunds
Certificate Seeker Programs
$1.85 per hour
A payment plan can be established for your convenience. This plan represents a contract equal to the total estimated cost to enroll in and complete your chosen certificate/credential. The amount is based on an estimated total cost for tuition and fees for the chosen credential and generally does not include the cost of any textbooks or other educational supplies or materials.
The first Payment Plan payment is due at the time of initial enrollment with each subsequent payment being due on the 1st day of each month thereafter.
Please see the individual program pages for a breakdown of tuition and fees specific to your program of interest.
Facts Pertaining to Tuition:
Tuition is established by the Utah College of Applied Technology (UCAT) Board, which is based on a per clock hour fee. Books, fees, tools, and/or supplies vary according to the program. Program faculty can provide students’ additional expenses such as books, tools, uniforms, and/or licensure exams.
- Schedule change fee - $10. This is to be assessed for any student-initiated schedule changes including leave of absences.
- Late payment fee - $10. The first Payment Plan payment is due at the time of initial enrollment with each subsequent payment being due on the 1st day of each month thereafter. Interest or late fees may be charged and you may be placed on academic hold if payments are not made by the 10th of each month.
- Late registration fee - $25. For short-term students registering after the first class, a late registration fee may be assessed.
- Please see the current class schedule for evening and online tuition and fees.
- Re-Enrollment Fee - $50. Students without a Leave of Absence who have 10 consecutive absences will be charged a $50 re-enrollment fee. This fee does not apply to defined courses or high school students.
- Duplicate student identification cards - $3.
- A non-refundable $50 background check fee is required where applicable.
- Each course within a program has an associated clock-hour value (e.g., 30 hours, 60 hours, 90 hours, etc.). BATC utilizes a competency based system where students can progress at varied rates. However, courses that are not successfully completed in 115% of the established clock hours will need to be repeated and/or repaid with all associated charges. For example, if you are registered for a 60-hour course, you will have 69 hours to complete it. Students are encouraged to monitor their course progress for a timely completion just as they would monitor a project in a work environment with a specified deadline.
- See individual catalog/Web pages of particular programs for specific fee information.
Tuition Refund Policy:
Certificate Seeker Programs: Students enrolling in certificate-seeking programs are charged only for the number of hours for which they register. Tuition, fees, and other institution charges are considered “earned” by the College when the charges are generated and are no longer eligible for a refund. Charges will be posted to the student’s Accounts Receivable account (Subsidiary 11) when generated. Students in certificate-seeking programs should consult with their respective instructor(s) to register for the appropriate course(s) in the program.
Students who withdraw from a certificate program on or before the 10th day following the entry date into the program are entitled to 100% refund of tuition and fees charged and thereafter are entitled to no refund.
Exceptions to the 10th calendar day rule will be considered in situations of extraordinary circumstances on a case-by-case basis as a means of correcting registration mistakes. Refunds will be processed to the respective student’s Accounts Receivable account (Subsidiary 11) when approved.
Return (repayment) of unearned revenue to the student (with a credit balance in their respective Accounts Receivable account(s)) will be processed within 45 days, (1) upon the last day of attendance if written notification has been provided to the institution by the student, or (2) from the date the institution terminates or discovers withdrawal by the student.
Short-Term Courses: Return (repayment) of unearned revenue for short-term classes will be made as follows: 100 percent will be refunded for withdrawal within five working days from the first scheduled class, and none thereafter. An exception exists for courses whose lengths are less than five days; 100 percent will be refunded prior to the beginning of the first class period, and none thereafter. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis by campus officials. Note: Refund (repayment) checks may take two to three weeks for processing.
Refunds for Students Who Withdraw on or before the First Day of Class: Return (repayment) of unearned revenue for students who withdraw on or before the first day of class will be handled in accordance with policy above. Repayments, when applicable, for a student who does not begin classes shall be made within 45 days of the class start date and not more than $100 in tuition and fees for a student who withdraws on or before the first day of class will be retained by the institution.
Refunds for Classes or Programs Canceled by the Institution: One hundred percent of the tuition and fees collected in advance of the start date of a class or program will be refunded (with a credit to the student’s Accounts Receivable account, if applicable) immediately upon class/program cancellation and a return (repayment) of a credit balance will be processed within 45 days of the planned start date if the class (or program) is cancelled by the institution.
Refunds for Students Enrolled Prior to Visiting the Institution: Students who have not visited the campus prior to enrollment will have the opportunity to withdraw without penalty within three days following attendance at a regularly scheduled orientation or following a tour of the facilities and inspection of the equipment.